Every day, people place their trust and health in the hands of physicians and other medical providers. Here are some quick statistics of what you should be aware:
- Did you know that The New England Journal of Medicine announced a study on Dec. 12, 2002, that states that four out of every 10 Americans say they or their family members have been the victims of preventable medical error.
- One out of three doctors say the same.
- 30% of doctors surveyed said they have seen a serious medical error in the past year during the course of their work.
- 10% of Americans surveyed said a family member has died as a consequence.
Medical Malpractice Attorney in Fort Worth
Medical Malpractice is responsible for almost 100,000 wrongful deaths annually - and more victims die from medical mistakes each year than from all U.S. highway deaths. That's where a firm like ours comes in. Medical malpractice is a difficult and expensive area of law requiring great legal expertise. Early intervention is essential if you believe that you have been injured by the negligence of a medical provider.
Here are some situations in which medical malpractice or negligence could occur:
- When a surgical-related mishap occurs during an operative procedure
- When a doctor delays or fails to diagnose a disease
- When a doctor fails to obtain the informed consent of the patient for a surgical procedure or operation
There are many other situations in which medical malpractice may occur.
Contact a Fort Worth Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
The Law Office of Kerry H. Collins and Associates, P.C. is an experienced Fort Worth medical malpractice firm. If you believe you or a loved one has fallen victim to medical malpractice, please e-mail our office or call us today at 817-349-6103.